Friday, September 12, 2008

Definitely Worth Blogging About

There are many great excuses for my absence but don't worry, I won't make you a list. This will, however, be one of the longest entries you've ever read.
I have finally got this new school schedule under control and yes, we did get Devan his alarm clock. He knows it has to say "7" before he can get out of bed but his bladder seems to tell him otherwise. Usually at somewhere between 6:30 and 6:45 I wake up to "Mom, I need to go pee, can I use the bathroom?" Ever since starting preschool he thinks he needs my permission to use the bathroom. I keep telling him to just go, he only needs to ask when he's in school. More than a year and a half later he is still asking for my permission. Yes, it drives me crazy!
So what else have we been up to? Devan being diagnosed with asthma, school, school, school, cleaning my house, cleaning my house again, and again.... When Coleson was 2 years old I promised myself if I could survive him then I could survive anything. Well, Greyson is doing quite the job of challenging that promise. The little guy is a monster! Both in weight and character. So this is how my day went today:
At 3:42am I am awaken by the music from Thomas the Train, "We're two we're four we're six we're eight.." What?! Greyson is notorious for chucking things over our balcony. And the majority of the time these things stay over the balcony because I am too chicken to go in the ivy where all the creepy spiders live to retrieve them. I used to send my children but now they have caught on as well. Anyway, apparently Greyson threw a toothbrush over. This particular toothbrush has a button on it that when pushed sings the Thomas the Train song for two minutes- because that is how long you are supposed to brush your teeth! So anyway, through closed windows for an hour and a half this toothbrush kept singing. Nice. Bet my neighbors appreciated it too. It was that loud. So then around 7am I got up and decided to ice a cake I baked the previous night for my friend who is having a birthday. Devan and Coleson were helping and all was well then we heard that Gryson was awake. Since he was happily talking to himself and playing in his crib we deiced to leave him there until we finished the cake so he would not dive into the mess. Within about a half hour we finished the cake so I went to get Greyson out of bed. As I near his room I smell poop. No biggy, the little guy usually wakes up and then takes care of his business first thing. So sadly, yes I'm used to this smell this early. Although today it was unusually strong. I open the door and every parents nightmare come true; he got put to bed with a diaper but no jammie bottoms. Since he is all about potty training right now he loves to take his diaper off. While we were icing a cake he was happily icing his crib, his sheets, his stomach, his legs, his toes, under his fingernails AND he must have had an itch because it was all over is cheek, in his nose and in one ear. Nice. So I look at the mess and don't even know where to begin. Eventually I got Greyson to the bath and discovered there was no hot water. Turns out he had gotten into the water heater closet the night before and somehow turned off the pilot light. Again. I am now nailing this door shut. All my child proofing he seems to break off. So poor Greyson gets a cold bath and lathered up with great smelling lotion and still stinks. I think to myself, oh well, it has to wear off eventually. I could only give him so many cold baths. I then clean up most of the mess in his room, can't take the smell any more, and take a break to work out. During my workout session I somehow popped something in my back near my shoulder and can't move my left shoulder. Another nice to add to my day. But even nicer, I learned that most chiropractic offices don't take patients on Fridays and if they do, they won't see you after noon. So i get to deal with this until Monday. Of course I don't have ice so frozen cranberries and tater tots had to do.
I finally get Devan to school and while I'm cleaning up the rest of Greyson's painting, Coleson decides he wants some yogurt. Greyson being they monster he is, takes Coleson's yogurt away. Evidence shows Coelson chased him, and I have yogurt flung all over my living room, hallway and dining room. So we clean up that mess. Coelson then tries to take a bath- because somehow the monster got yogurt all over his arm and in his hair- but whoops, mom never got the pilot light re lit. While being paranoid that I'm going to blow up my house I finally get the courage and get it lit. I then put Greyson down for a nap, though I don't think he ever fell asleep, clean up Coleson and all the yogurt and get a few calm minutes. Finally.
After we picked up Devan we delivered our cake. Lesson learned: Don't add too much filling between the layers of your cake. Top layer will slide off during transportation of cake. My friend totally understood and loved her cake, even though it was in about 5 pieces. And it did taste great! Sadly dinner was left over pasta but everyone was pooped and in bed by 7:15! Definitely worth blogging about!

4 comments:

eric and girls said...

Oh Jen you poor thing. I could not survive, but somehow you keep plucking along.

Tricia said...

Jen Jen Jen, there is NEVER a dull moment in your house. See you should blog more often, isn't it fun. For the Poop thing, I would've taken him out back and stuck the hose on him. You have cold water in the house what more different is that from outside. Um, Nothing. Did you take any pictures? I so would have.

thecamps said...

OH wow I feel your pain....but i'm glad that hasn't happened to me I think i would barf..they definately keep you on your toes i hope you have a better week next week..

Linds said...

Oh man Jen. What a day. We endure potty challenges in our home too. Lana constantly wants me to go to the bathroom with her, and forget about her EVER going by herself if she wakes up at night. After months and months of frequent middle-of-the-night potty trips I am starting to see an improvement. It has to get better at some point, right? Let keep positive together!