Friday, August 29, 2008

Growing Up


Well we survived our first week of school! How is it possible that my oldest is now in kindergarten??!! The schedule is confusing- go this time on all these days but this day go that time. I goofed by 10 minutes one day, I felt so bad! The first day Devan had a hard time saying goodbye but then after that he's been fine! He has such a wonderful teacher and she seems so patient with all the kids. Last night Devan told me that he seriously hated school. Yes those words exactly. Seriously. I asked him why? He said because when I pick him up its too late and he's so so so tired. I told him he needed to not wake up at 5:40am! Maybe he is just excited for the first week of school? So he soon determined he needs an alarm clock in his room so he can see what time it is when he wakes up and know if its time to get out of bed. I told him the easiest way to tell was this: If mom is still in bed, then it's too early, stay in your bed. He was also bummed yesterday because his best friend told him they can't play together on the playground because girls play with girls and boys play with boys. I think she broke his heart.

7 comments:

eric and girls said...

Try having your oldest start 3rd grade. But I have to keep telling myself it's ok you are still in your 20's afterall. Anyways, there is seriously something about the playground that brings out the worse in every child. There are so many "rules" that I never knew existed. Such as , "I can't play with you cause you are in another class". Or "I can't play with you today so and so won't let me." Poor boy, I think he will grow out of it. Did you cry when he started? I cried when Hailey started cause she was so shy, I know hard to believe now. And to twist the knife she started on my birthday which was even more depressing. Well, I should go, really I should. We are heading to the beach for the weekend where it's suppose to be a whomping 58 degrees. I know you are jealous of our awesome beaches.

thecamps said...

OH Poor boy!!! I hope this next week will be better and the weeks to come after that..That sucks he wakes up early and it does make it hard man I have to yell for brenden to get up for school and it takes 4ever then I am the one to blame that he doesn't have enough time to get ready ugh as if seriously...But I can't believe how fast time goes before we all know it our kids will be out of the house.....

Tricia said...

Well mom, did you get that alarm clock? Cause heaven forbid him to wake up any earlier than 5:40 am.

Erica said...

Why must children wake up so early? Seriously? While it is still dark? Are you kidding me?? Devan is such a big boy!! He'll be the king of the school in no time!

Tricia said...

So the second week of school. Was it a better start than last week. Did you get the alarm clock?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen
I haven't talked with you forever. I didn't even know you had a blog. How long have you logged on to our blog? What is new in your life? Are you still in California? Email me or call me. I have I think 3 emails in my address book and never remember which one is the most recent. My email is: jamliech@aol.com. Your boys are growing up. It happens so fast. Take care.

Tricia said...

It's now september UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!