Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer, where are you?

Devan has been learning all about seasons throughout the year in preschool. Needless to say he is quite excited for summer to finally be here. Early last week we had some nice warm days, even spent an afternoon at the beach! Then all the sudden it turned cloudy and gray, and little sunshine is to be found before noon. We keep waking up hoping it will be warm enough to swim but I'm just too much of a chicken to get in the water if its not at least 75 degrees outside! Devan's preschool program goes through June so he still has school three days a week. This was our conversation this morning:
Mom: Devan, go change into your pants its too cold outside for shorts.
Devan: But mom, its summer I don't want to wear pants!
Mom: You will be too cold at school. Look out side, there is no sun.
Devan: But mom, its summer! I don't go to school in summer! I don't have school today!
I thought that was pretty cute. He is satisfied to go to three more weeks of school only because upon completion, he starts swim lessons the next week! Sun or no sun I think we will still go to Sea World tomorrow.

4 comments:

eric and girls said...

That's funny. The girls are both out of school on the 18th. Taylin still has preschool 3 days a week. Our weather truly SUCKS. Our high this week is 65 of course with rain everyday. Hailey's school jeans have seen better days but I refuse to buy new ones cause summer is suppose to be here right?

eric and girls said...

I love your new background. I have been thinking about changing mine. i think I should

thecamps said...

well brenden is out of school already he has been out since May 29th and let's just say i am ready for August i know the feeling of the short and pant thing every morning brenden will yell "what the weather supposed to be like today? can i just wear my new shorts i'll be ok" then of course as us mothers say NO NO like a million times lol so i hope you enjoy your summer!!

Erica said...

That is adorable!!