Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Places

We went out to the harbor today for an afternoon walk. We ended up near the sand and water, of course. Greyson is such a stinker! Before we left the house he threw his shoes out of the car without me knowing, so he had to ride in the stroller instead of being able to walk. Since he was stuck in the stroller we let him out to run in the sand for a little bit. At this particular beach there is a wall of rocks that leads out into the ocean. My boys are very adventurous so they just had to check 'em out. As we were climbing these rocks further and further out to sea, it really wasn't that far, it reminded me of the "Rocky" beach at Pacific Grove that we used to go to all the time as kids. We loved climbing, checking out the tide pools, finding hermit crabs, getting stuck out on the rocks when the tide came in, we always had a blast. Even when it was only 50 degrees! Needless to say I can't wait for a trip up there to let my little guys explore the same beach!

1 comments:

Tricia said...

That sounds so fun. I remember those rocks, they were fun to climb.