Thursday, April 10, 2008

A New Day

So I've been asked to update my blog. It truly has been a busy week. I am glad that tomorrow is Friday and maybe our running around will slow down and we'll enjoy the weekend. Our week started out on Monday. I think I posted something on that day. Monday was kind of crazy as we realized Greyson is cutting some of his bigger teeth. There is no sign of them yet but his gums are really swollen, he has the runny nose, awaking every 15 minutes from 8:30 until 11pm every night, and today I caught him gnawing on the stairs while he was climbing up. The stairs? Poor little guy! Tuesday was Devan's friend's birthday so we spent the day at Sea world. Its only about a 25 minute drive (mind you that is without traffic) and so we got season passes again this year. Plus its a park I can take the three of them to by myself for the day and still survive. So you will probably see lot of posts and pictures of Sea World in the future;Prepare yourselves. When we entered the park people were herding in one direction and we soon realized it was almost time for the Shamu Believe show. So we followed and that was our opener for the day. We haven't been since just before Christmas so the boys were excited and the Shamu show was the perfect thing to start with! For ths first time Devan went on the boat ride. I can't remember the name of it but nine people sit in a round raft and float down the river. Of course there are the spectators who "bomb" you with water as you float by and what I thought was mean- at the end there is a waterfall you go under and you have no choice but to get soaked. You don't see this part of the ride as a spectator. Devan didn't like that too much or he may have gone again. We also saw the sea lions (boring for mom since Monterey was always covered with them), the flamingoes, and much more. Between my friend and I we had five boys to keep up with. So I actually only got the camer pulled out once.
Reflecting on the last two days, just a lot of fussy Greyson and running around here and there and trying to get caught up on laundry. It's never ending. I have realized lately how lazy I have become; there are more paper plates in my garbage can than dishes in my dishwasher.
Today was a fun day but we did have a sad moment. Our friends found out about two weeks ago that they are moving back to Utah and they are moving tomorrow!!! Wow, but I guess that is life in the military! We have enjoyed so much knowing them and have had many many fun play dates! Greyson and their youngest boy were born just two days apart. So we enjoyed those last few fun months of pregnancy together too. We will miss them dearly!

We could not get Coleson away from this part of the park. We must have spent over a half hour here.

Thank goodness mom brought an extra change of clothes!

Devan was so cute, he helped Greyson touch the water.

Greyson enjoyed digging in the dirt more than fishing for starfish

1 comments:

eric and girls said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't wait to come down there and go. Yay me. (I don't usually say Yay me, it's off of one of the girls stupid shows and it just came out.)