Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Love Clean Floors

The last few days have been rather eventful. So this morning I decided I wanted to clean house. When we got home from jazzercise I put Greyson down for a nap, showered, and then began the cleaning spree. I swept and mopped the floors, cleaned up the living room and vacuumed, cleaned the dining room, the kitchen and then the toy room. Before I was able to complete all of this, Coleson fell asleep on the couch so it made things that much easier. Then, as usual, the mess began. First Devan crumbled the bread from his sandwich all over the living room floor. So first I cleaned that up. Then I decided to restock the fridge with water. While I was trying to get water out of the pantry, Greyson snuck in and poured out a whole bag of bird seed and dragged it across the entry way. So I decided to dust buster the mess instead of sweep. For some reason the buster wouldn't suck anything up. So I took it apart over the trashcan, and somehow the filter part slipped out of my hand and I had a few messes worth of dirt and dust all over my kitchen floor. So I swept that up. Then I resorted to sweeping the bird seed. While I was sweeping the bird seed Greyson and Devan managed to sneak some treats out of the pantry and I had smashed Quaker Mini Delights (mini rice cakes)all over the hallway. It was mostly Greyson doing the smashing but it is no question where he learned that from. Cleaned that up, with Devan's help of course. Then while I was putting bottles of water in the fridge (finally) Greyson found another bag of rice cakes and poured them out. Cleaned those up. Took a deep breath. Then I notice Devan waving a sleeve of Ritz crackers in front of Coelson's face, "Haha, I have the whole bag of crackers." So that started a chase and guess where the crackers ended up? All over the floor in the dining room, in thousands and thousands of pieces. My cute children then proceed to clean them up with the broom and dustpan. But since there is carpet in the dining room (lame, I know) we had to bust out the vacuum, again. But they were so sweet to try and help. Anyway, that's my afternoon in a nutshell!

5 comments:

eric and girls said...

That really sounds like a lot of fun. At least you got to work out your arm muscles several times today.

Tricia said...

Talk about an all day workout.

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Just because your on vacation doesn't mean you can't update your blog. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eric and girls said...

Seriously UPDATE now. Quit reading your comments and get to updating.