Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What's grosser than gross?

Today we were all sitting round the table having lunch together. Greyson finished first so we let him down to go and play. He was being oftly quiet. I figured he was in the toy room. When he doesn't have his older brothers in his face he is very good at finding something to play with and entertaining himself. Or he will wander from one room to the next and check everything out. So anyway, we are sitting and eating our lunch and Greyson walks up to the table with a sopping wet piece of toilet paper. What?? Where did you get that?? Turns out he had been in the upstairs bathroom (door left opened by another certain little boy) and he had been dipping toilet paper in and out of the toilet and sucking the water out. Disgusting! I soon realized the front of him was all wet as well as the floor leading into the hallway. What a way to ruin to an appetite!

Other than toilet dipping we haven't had much drama today. Its been pretty nice! But then again it's not even two o'clock. I love when the TV is turned off and my children play play play. Today is one of those days. Devan is lining all the shoes he can find in a row on the couch. Why? I have not a clue. Coleson is going back and forth from playing in the toy room to using the bathroom- I have never met a child with such a small bladder! And Greyson is downstairs "watching" out the window. It really is cute. Now if I could just figure out how to make this quiet moment last ALL day long... well I think I might get a little bored.



On Saturday night I figured I'd do my weekly cleaning of the toy room. It was immaculate. Sunday morning the boys took out one thing at a time, put it back, etc. It was great. This is what it looked like:

Then when I came upstairs from taking a shower this is what it looked like:

If you have little boys then you know they LOVE to dump things!
So that evening, rather than stressing about a messy house and after the weather cooled off a little bit, we made a cake. We picked this one out just for Trish!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Thanks for the cake. I love it. Those counter tops remind me of your house on Tustin Rd.

eric and girls said...

That is really gross, lets just hope the toilet was flushed before he started bobbing for toilet paper.

Bonnie said...

Rainbow chip rainbow chip cake is my favorite too! That is so funny about the toilet...gross though, but I guess that's boys for ya. Sounds like a fun day.

Erica said...

At least there wasn't any poop on it.
I love your idea to bake a cake instead of stressing. What a fun mommy you are. I should try that sometime :)

Chris and Rita said...

Hi Jennifer! It is Rita Enslow. (Fear)I came accross your blog from Tricia's. I love this t.p. bobber entry. I have 5 boys and 1 girl so I totally understand and relate to those times. My 2 littlest boys 3&4 are always making messes that either bring me to tears or to baking a cake! Your blog is so cute. Take care.
Rita